Saturday, October 9, 2010

Puto Pao

Puto is the Tagalog word for steamed rice cake made in the Philippines and has gained its popularity in other countries. I used to hate eating this native delicacy in our town (Biñan) as a kid, but as I grow up, my taste buds began to love the puto's sweetness and fluffiness. I used to make plain puto four years ago and at that time, I was equipped with my grandmother's puto recipe. My mother and my older cousin told me that my rice cake was good! I can't remember where I put it  (I wrote the recipe in a piece of paper) and it's really frustrating that I couldn't find it anymore. The latest puto I am craving for is from Aling Nene's store which is located at San Vicente, Biñan Laguna and they sell special Puto Pao. The stuffing consists of pork asado, how I wish I just wanted to eat a plain puto with no fillings in it but overall I love the taste of special Puto Pao!


Inside the box, there are ten pieces of Puto Pao complete with asado fillings. They are perfect as side dish  for pancit bihon, canton noodles or spaghetti pasta or you can eat them alone on their own.

Now I am craving for more Puto!

No comments:

Post a Comment